Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have and HP Office Jet Pro x451dn with and error code of…

Yes ma'am I have...

Yes ma'am I have and HP Office Jet Pro x451dn with and error code of OXC8190014 EC HW_MCASIC_H i have un plugged the USB and Network cable as well as the ink cartridges the error does not clear to that I add that I can not shut down the device holding down the power button will not shout it down with everything off and out I pulled the power cord waited a good minute plugged it back in and I come to the same error

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe two years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Win 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened today when I was trying to print it said no communications with the printer and then I saw the error on the display

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

This is an enclosed system not able to link it with the internet

9/22/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

How are you connecting the printer to the computer?

Via a USB cable or wireless or a network cable?

Please let me know

Primarily Network cable RJ45 conection
I told the person forwarding me to you that this was an enclosed network no internet aloud

Thanks

In windows, click start, devices and printers.

then right click the printer, choose troubleshooting

Comlpete this and tell me what it tells you at the end if it please

it can not identify the problem
initially when I was trying to print it said there were no communications with the printer

ok, if you click add printer, and choose network does it show

Searching for printers and displays nothing. This is set up through a static address.

Yes but regardless it would still find it.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now found

Let me know the results please

Same as before it will not find it

Ok, can you connect it via USB, does the computer then find it?

I am trying it right now on a laptop that was connected to it prior and had worked before it can not find it I tried to set it up a a new printer and the stage where it tells you to connect to it will not go past that unless I check the box to "not connect it now" and then it goes to the trouble shooting page.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted in the printer, it is what the error refers to and why it cannot be found at all on multiple devices

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Thanks