Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HL-3170CDW laser colour printer and it has just…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a HL-3170CDW laser colour printer and it has just come up with the message WT Box end soon. Can you tell me please what does this mean andwhat do I need to do about it?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Brother HL-3170CDW laser colour printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has only just come in the last couple of days and nothing that I can think of. It has been working perfectly up til then.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is it, it is still working fine but with the message popping up

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/22/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 11 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. WT Box means Waste Toner Box. The waste toner box collects excess toner that is produced during printing. When the waste toner box becomes full, you have to replace it. The Waste Toner Box for your printer lets you print about 50,000 pages before having to replace it. Reference:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=hl3170cdw_all&ftype3=1964&faqid=faq00002669_000

- The WT Box model for your printer is WT-220CL.

- You can purchase the WT Box model WT-220CL at your local office / electronics / computer stores.

- And click on the website below for instructions / illustrations on how to replace the WT Box:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=hl3170cdw_all&faqid=faq00000315_014

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

You can also purchase the WT Box model WT220CL online at the Amazon website:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-WT220CL-Waste-Toner-Cartridge/dp/B00BJOA7O0/

, and/or at

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=WT220CL

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you.