Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

To you. to you....i have an epson 3640 printer/scanner. I…

Customer Question
Good day to you ...

Good day to you

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Good day to you....i have an epson 3640 printer/scanner

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have 2. actually, one here and one at work..says I have a paper jam when I dont. i have insstalled and reinstalled several times

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing happened i have an HP desk top and a laptop its with the printer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No sir

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
i have a 3 week old epson. it is discontinued
windows 10
pc
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
i am not sure how this works
if something doesnt change I would like to cancel
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

This issue happened before on my six month 3640 I took it back to Microcenter there was only one left and it was the display model brought it home it did the same thing I really liked it and I love the one at work which is the same thing I want to keep it this is my last effort to do so

There is something physical which is causing the paper jam error message. You will need to open all the doors and check all the paper paths, then close the doors firmly. If the duplexer is removable it should be removed to check for any obstructions.

Whatever it takes to get this fixed
Thank you sir I have tried this many times I've been working on this for a week

I am declining your request for Secure Remote Assistance because your printer problem is not electronic and cannot be resolved from your computer.

You can try I bought the printer for $100 on sale

You need to check the paper path with a small, bright flashlight.

I've done that sir many times and there is nothing that is obstructing it

Have you removed the rear cover to check inside the duplexer?

When you say the rear cover is that the rear document feeder if that is the case I have checked the rear document feeder several times

No. It is the cover which can be removed by squeezing the center tabs together.

Will you help me understand where the center tabs are

The duplexer can be removed so that you can check to see if there is any paper accordioned inside the printer. Then the duplexer itself cah=n be opened and inspected. I will send you a link to the manual which shows how to do this.

Thanks

You can use this link to download the PDF version of the User's Guide:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-3640/s/SPT_C11CD16201#manuals

Then go to Solving Problems > Solving Paper Problems > Paper Jam Problems Inside The Product (p. 290 of 347 pp.)

I have Gmail and it's a struggle to read threads and that's what I'm struggling now to read your threads
Okay I am one step further now I'm trying to read the PDFs
Sir this is just not working for me the communication tool you and I are using is very difficult it's probably a simple situation but how you communicate via the threads the emails just doesn't work I have to give up because it it's not working for me I want to thank you though for trying and I wish you a good night

I can accept your request for a Secure Remote Connection to assist you in reading the PDF file containing the User Guide. Also, you do not have to follow the threads of this conversation using gmail. You can select the link in your notification email to access the conversation in the chat session itself.