Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My printer keeps saying out of paper and there is paper in

it JA: What's the exact make...
my printer keeps saying out of paper and there is paper in it
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: xp-410 about 2 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc desktop, windows. When it goes to print the paper just goes right on through
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't used it in awhile and I connected to WIFI
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no everything is ok, I just put brand new ink it and cleaned the head
9/22/2017
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

does the printer pick paper or not when you send a print

it moves the paper through but just goes right out it does not stop to print

please remove all paper from printer

unplug power cord

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

wait for 2 mins

plug in power cord

insert paper and try a print

let me know the status

it does the same thing paper slides right on out

does it flash out of paper message as well?

it does, it say paper out, load paper, but there is paper in it
  1. Press the home button, if necessary.
  2. Press the left or right arrow buttons to select Setup and press the OK button.
  3. Press the up or down arrow buttons to select Maintenance and press the OK button.
  4. Press the OK button.
  5. Press the start button.
  6. Let me know if a nozzle pattern prints or not
no it does not print the pattern the paper comes out and doesn't stop to print

did this start after the inks were changed or it was doing this even before that

it was doing it before I changed all the ink
the printer head is moving like it is printing but the paper is sliding out and not stopping to catch the print

when you did a head cleaning, did it print a nozzle check pattern after that

it did 1 time and I tried to paper another one and it was back to sliding out again

did you run the head cleaning from printer panel or from computer

from my panel not the computer
I also changed it to WIFI instead of being plugged into my pc

can you run a head cleaning now and let me know if it prints the pattern or not

sure give me a couple minutes it is slow

ok sure

head cleaning complete and paper paper is not stopping to print the pattern

do you have any other type of paper like photo paper..maybe a thicker more dense paper than the one you are using

Nope that didn't work either. Thank you so much for all your help, I am just going to buy another printer!

if that doesn't work then even i would recommend for a new printer as this one seems to have developed a fault with the paper sensor

honestly, sensor repairs cost almost same as a new printer and its best to invest in a new unit than getting a repair done

Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the effort and the time by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
I most certainly will. The printer wasn't that expensive. Thank you again for all you time and help. Have a good night

Good Night

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert