Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have black toner all over my output of Ricoh cl3000

Customer Question
printer...
i have black toner all over my output of Ricoh cl3000 printer
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/21/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The first, and most usual, cause and cure to that problem is, a leaking toner cartridge in black color, and replacing that black toner cartridge.

Have you already tried that? if so, I will have further advice as to the other causes and cures.

If you try that and it cures the problem, please come back here and let me know:

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/aoymo-black-toner-output-ricoh-cl3000.html

I put in a brand new toner cartage and cleaned out where it sits first.

And that did not cure the black-page problem? then there is an electrical or electronic problem in the printer, that will not be so easy to fix.

1. you might have a logic problem, where the controlling circuitry is telling the laser to fire all the time, leading to the black page. But this is not likely: it's a color printer, and that sort of error would not necessarily lead to black, so much ast an all-color page, perhaps.

or 2. you might have a problem or breakage in the high voltage circuitry or HVPS in the printer, leading to a lack of the proper high voltage to produce lighter tones of toner or no toner at all in some spots. This can also be caused by lack of transmission of that high voltage, so keeping the black section of the printer quite clean is needed: especially any metal contacts. With the printer unplugged, take a clean dry rag cloth, and buff off all metal contacts (but, NOT the blueish-metallic or greenish-metallic 'drum' surface, which can be harmed! very easily, by any touch. Toner on the blue or green metallic drum is harmless and should be left there.)

Then reassemble the black section and close the printer, and try again.

You can''t do anything remotely. Attached is copy showing ink. I have replaced all replaceable assys. There is a conveyor belt inside that ends up with excess toner. If I clean it it takes awhile to show the ink. Printer was moved to a new location before it had the problem .

If the consumables do not cure it, then it is something for a serious repairman, I suspect.

As for the conveyer belt with toner on it... perhaps the doctor blade is defective, at a guess.

But you will probably require a repair person to do that replacement correctly, I'm sorry to say.