Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a Canon mx330 printer. I just purchased a new

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Canon mx330 printer. I just purchased a new computer, without thinking about hooking it up to the printer. The new computer is Lenovo and does not have a CD Rom Drive. How do I install the software?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon MX 330
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's 8 years old. The disc says PIXMA MX330. The operating system for the computer is Windows.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since I bought the computer last week, and I need to know if and how I can use my printer.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

You don't need a cd drive, you can instead download the software to your computer,

if you can tell me which version of windows you are using, I'll send you a link to the necessary software and drivers.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 10
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is the link? Why are you asking for more money?

I'm not asking you for more.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I look forward to your response.

Thanks for confirming,

that printer actually is not officially supported by canon for windows10, because the printer itself is so old and far past its designed 3 year service life. Windows has a built in driver for this printer and that is what you will need to use, there is no other software available for it from canon.

What you will need to do is plug the printer into the computer via the usb cable, then go into the windows start menu, to Settings, then to Devices/Printers, then to Add Printer, and the canon should be detected and installed automatically. Note that even then though the abilities may be somewhat limited by that built in software, but that is the nature of any printer of this age. You should be able to get basic printing functionality though.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I'll do that, and I'll say good-bye now.

You're very welcome, and good luck!