Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Message says "Deep Sleep" It has been working until this.

Message says "Deep Sleep"...

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

MFC L2700DW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Sierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About a week. Nothing happened, it just stopped communicating with my mac

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

9/21/2017
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Unplug the printer from power. wait 2 minutes and turn it back on. Then do the steps below;

Then press Menu. Choose General Setup choose Ecology, choose Sleep time.

In here, push the star key and start button at the same time and turn it off.

Then restart the printer. Does it work now ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

No it says check Connection

That means your Mac somehow lost the connection to printer. How was it connected? WiFi, Ethernet or Wired ?

If it was on WiFi network, then reconnect it to WiFi network.

1. Press Menu.
  2. Press Up or Down arrow key to choose the Network and press OK.
  3. Press Up or Down arrow key to choose the WLAN and press OK. (This step might be skipped in some models.)
  4. Press Up or Down arrow key to choose the Setup Wizard and press OK.
  5. Choose your network name and follow the onscreen instructions to reconnect to your WiFi network.

Once it is connected to the WiFi, do the following on your Mac.

Go to Apple > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. Select your printer name there and delete it by pressing the - button. Then click the plus button there and add the printer back.

Does it work now ?

I don't see Setup Wizard.
1TCP 2Ethernet 3Wired Station 4Mac Address 5Set to default 6 Wired enabled

How was it connected? WiFi, Ethernet or Wired ?

WIFI

In Menu>Network, what options do you see ?

Wired Lan, 2. Network reset, 3. Wifi direct, WLan

Choose WLAN and press OK. tell me what options you see ?

1. Wired Lan, 2 WLan 3 Wifi direct 4 Network reset

Choose WLAN and press OK. Now, do you see Setup Wizard ?

Select it. Them choose your network name and follow the onscreen instructions to reconnect to your WiFi network.

Does it work now ?

It is printing up a storm of backlogs now! Many thanks M

No problem. Is everything working fine now ?

ugh It has gone back to deep sleep before I got to put in my password ***** will go back to Network and try and find the wizard again

Not yet. Did you disable deep sleep as per my original instructions ? It must be disabled

Ashik, Technician
I did all that and it seems to be printing from my computer OK but it still has the check "connection sign - deep sleep" showing. it is also printing from my iPhone. So I am happy! Thanks again fingers crossed!

Even when it is in deep sleep, it is supposed to be wake up from sleep and do the print. But sometimes, when it is in deep sleep it may not react to the incoming print request. That is why I suggested to remove the sleep option.

I'm glad it is working now.

The printer after an initial few minutes became unconnected again I have gone through your instructions a few times with the same result. I wonder if the printers"brain" has a short circuit!!

It is possible that it is an hardware issue. Is there any way you can connect the printer to your router via Ethernet cable?

It is printing again for the moment and I need it now so will see what happens by tomorrow. Thanks again. M

No problem