Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printout is covered with random bolos of toner about the…

Customer Question
The printout is covered...

The printout is covered with random bolos of toner about the size of raindrops (small) Is there something I can do to make that stop?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

E120, many years old--more than 10?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac book pro osx 10 8 5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I use it very rarely and think I stopped using it the last time it happened, maybe years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/21/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

This has been happening for the past 5 printouts
NO, i prefer a written answer.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Thanks. I'm on vacation right now and will try this when I return.
Best, helen
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago

Ok let me know