Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

LBLACK LINES ALONG THE LEFT EDGE OF THE PAPER. It is an HP…

I'M GETTING LBLACK LINES...

I'M GETTING LBLACK LINES ALONG THE LEFT EDGE OF THE PAPER.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is an HP 4050 and probably about 10 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC. I didn't have the problem until recently

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

An issue about a month and I don't think anything particular happened at the time it started

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Trying to find out what causes it. Can it be the toner cartridge?

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

The toner cartridge usually the most common cause, or the rollers inside the printer.

Take out the Toner and power off the printer.

Then wipe the area down with a damp cloth where the toner goes in.

Make sure to get all rollers and areas you can reach

Let it dry for 10 minutes, put the toner back in and tell me how it then prints please.

\

OK

Thank you

That was the problem. Thank you for your assistance

My plasure

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Technician