Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Having printing issue with BJC-250 color bubble printer.

Customer Question
Hello! Having printing issue...

Hello! Having printing issue with BJC-250 color bubble printer. Printer has been working just fine for months, then yesterday stopped printing ink on the page half way through printing.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer?

We have cleaned the printer head as well as done the deep cleaning of the printer head

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's not connected to a computer Working on getting the make and model for you It's a Cannon, I know that

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing out of the ordinary happened. It's been printing just fine for months Then in the middle of printing a page, it just stopped putting ink on the page

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
9/21/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 12 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

How is the printer connecting to the computer? Via a USB cable or wireless?

Please let me know

It is part of a cv profile unit, so not connected to a computer
For some reason the ink is no longer being put on the page. The printer will pull the sheet of paper through and make all the sounds as though it is printing, but there is no ink on the page
The make and model of the printer is a Cannon BJC-250 Color bubble jet printer

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Ok, that didn't resolve the issue

ok, you say it is part of a CV Profile unit. This can be the cause of the issue.

Can you connect it to a computer and try printing it?

The cv profile is a diagnostic test and the printer connects directly to the unit and the unit is plugged into the wall. We run test on the cv profile and print out the results with this printer. When the cv profile is purchased, it comes with this printer

ok, but we need to see if thats the issue, can you connect a different printer to it and see if that one works?

This printer is the only printer that will work with the cv profile. I do not think that is the issue though. The issue is that the ink is not connecting with the paper

ok, then there are only two other causes left, a faulty print cartridge in the printer which stops all printing, or a fault printhead.

Have you tried changing the print cartridges yet?

we have tried 2 different new ink cartridges. If it is the print head, where can I get a new one? And it doesn't give any kind of warning first? just goes out like that? Printing normal and fine with dark bold ink to no ink reaching the paper?

yes they do, and due to its age the printheads are hard to come by, but allow me some time to try to source one for you please

ok, thank you!
Also, this thing was only suppose to charge me $5 and it charged me $18 as well as the $5. Why was I charged the $18? I never saw anything about that. It said a refundable $5 was all it required....Who do I contact about a refund?

The chargers are shown when you make the question.

For any payment questions please contact customer service.

I will opt out of working with you any further