Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I HAD A PAPER FEED ERROR WHICH i RESOLVED EASILY. i FOLLOWED…

Customer Question
I HAD A PAPER...

I HAD A PAPER FEED ERROR WHICH i RESOLVED EASILY. i FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN BUT THE PRINTER WOULD NOT RESET. iT KEEPS READING AS IF THERE IS A PAPER JAM WHICH THERE IS NOT. IS THERE A MASTER RE-BOOT? CAN YOU ASSIST PLEASE. THANK YOU. *****: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

EPSON WORKFORCE 645. FOUR YEARS OR SO.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IBM THINK PAD T61

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

THREE DAYS. PRINTER WORKED FINE WITH NO ISSUES BEFORE HAND

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, NOT REALLY

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/21/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try unplugging the printer from the power while it is On.

Leave it that way for at least 10 minutes, or longer.

Then after that time, plug it in again, see if that resets it.

If that does not reset the error, then it is either a 'real error' perhaps signifying that a paper scrap is still present in the paper path - did the feed error result in paper tearing? - or else, a paper presence sensor has been fouled or broken, perhaps.

Tell me how it goes, please. I will help further as needed.

I'VE PREVIOUSLY DONE ALL OF THE SUGGESTIONS AS THEY ARE VERY BASIC. NONE WORKED. I'M VERY DISPLEASED TO HAVE BEEN CONNED INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND I FORMILY REQUEST IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION OF ANY FUTURE CHARGES ON MY ACCOUNT OR FUTURE MEMBERSHIP WITH YOU OR JUST ANSWER. I WILL BE FORWARDING THIS RESPONSE ALONG WITH YOUR WEB ADDRESS TO OUR BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MARYLAND STATES ATTORNEY OFFICE FOR FUTHER REVIEW.

I have passed your comment to Customer Support at JustAnswer. I'm sure they will take care of any needs you have with regard to membership status or charges, cancellations, etc.

For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.