Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I misplaced my mx882 disc. is there a way to get this

Hi there, I misplaced...

Hi there, I misplaced my mx882 disc. is there a way to get this online. I deleted something so its not working. something about an ij tool

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It's a couple years old canon pixma mx882

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happened right after i was cleaning up and deleting things from my computer. so i did it myself

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

You can download the installation from my link below

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx-series/pixma-mx882?tab=drivers_downloads

Once downloaded, run the file and it will perform the installation just like installing from the disk

Let me know how you go please

ok, do i need to uninstall all the canon programs first?

No you can leave them as it will install over the top of them

ok, im going to take a quick look. if it looks the same as what i did yesterday, i could have you do it

ok, let me know how you go please

it looks the same to me. do you want to fix it? i can copy and print. I cannot scan. when i go to do this it says something about the IJ Tool

If you wish me to do this, please accept the request

Richard, Technician
let me know what i need to do

Thank you

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

2255
It looks like system restore did not work. I get the same error when trying to scan.

ok, please run teamviewer and give me the new password ***** connect

2955