Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon MF720C Series and use a MacBook Air OS Sierra…

I have a Canon...

I have a Canon MF720C Series and use a MacBook Air OS Sierra 10.12.6 operating system. I frequently have to turn either or both my computer and printer off and on to print/connect. Is this a driver issue? The blue light that shows internet connectivity is on. Any advice would be appreciated.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Color Image calls MF729Cdw/MF72bCdw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The printer is about 18 months old and it has happened off and on since the first two weeks I have had it. The pop up box says--"Cannot connect to printer."

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Kamil Anwar, Technician

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Have you tried reinstalling the printer?

No. How do I do that?

Your payment for the remote service has failed.
Please contact customer service on***@******.*** or
call them on +1(###) ###-####to clarify the payment issue.

Payment should work now

Send me a new request as i am still seeing payment failure status.

Kamil Anwar, Technician
How? Where?

Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program

https://www.fastsupport.com/227319884

Have I done everything to enable connectivity to you remotely?

Please follow the link i sent you.

I did and have downloaded GO TO ASSIST REMOTE

Run the program.

I have

Please restart the computer and then click the link below and run/open the downloaded program

https://www.fastsupport.com/227319884

Hello Again,Reinstalling driver did not work after one printing. Having same problem. Must seek additional solution. Any suggestions? Know you want to resolve my problem given I expended dollars for solution.
  • Press and hold number "4" button
  • While holding the button, turn off the printer using the power switch, do not let go of the button
  • Continue hold it for 3 seconds then switch the power back on until it completely boots

This will reset the printer to Factory settings, After restart setup the printer on your WiFi and check if the problem is resolved.

Thank you for your timely response. Will try after morning appts

Okay