Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

The scanner is not working.... is saying communication error

is your computer on. my...
the scanner is not working.... is saying communication error is your computer on. my computer is on, i have checked everything and i dont know what it is i recently got a new pc but the printer is working fine and the fax too
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: is an epson workforce wf-2650 and i would say is about 3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc a dell
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it started after i changed from my old pc to this one about a week ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it... thank you...
9/21/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

How are you connecting to the Epson? Via a USB cable or wireless?

Please let me know

via usb cable
can you help me??

Thank you

Can you connect the printer to a different USB port on the comouter, wait 3 minutes then try to scan

Let me know the results please

Same message communication error

Ok, once switch it, restart the computer and telll me if it then scans please

Is not working

Can you tell me please which version of windows you are using?

Windows 10

Thanks

Please click start, type in Mspaint and click on it when it shows in the list

Then in mspaint click on File, and choose the scan option

Does it scan in here?

Omg yes....how can i save it as pdf?

Perfect, now click Files, Save as and there under file type choose PDF

Let me know how you go

It says only png jpeg bmp gif....which o e should i pick

ok, then choose Print instead and choose the printer Microsoft to PDF

This will make a PDF

Let me know how you go please

It worked....thank you...so so much....
I appreciate all your help....

you are welcome

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Richard, Technician