Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson 235, I could not get it to print and took it…

Customer Question
I have an Epson...

I have an Epson 235

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

I could not get it to print and took it to Cartridge World. They changed one colour cartridge and checked it out. When I got home the printed image was very poor and likewise making a copy was hopeless. I took it back and the technician said it was possibly because I had carried the printer in a bag standing on its end and this may have upset its ink flow. He suggested I "clean the nozzle" or something. How can I do that? Chris Mayor

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC notebook

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

For several mnths I could no longer get it to print and relied on my HP black and white laser. but I needed the colour inkjet and found it would not print anything, as before. This was immediately after I had changed two cartridges. That is why I took it to Cartridge World.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer is fairly new

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/21/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

To clean the nozzle, remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.