Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a canon MG7720 printer. When I turned it on after…

Customer Question
I have a canon...

I have a canon MG7720 printer. When I turned it on after several days of not using it, I received a error b203 message. From what I have read the cost of repair is near the cost of a new printer. I probably have had the printer for 3 years with moderate use.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No it has not. 3 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Got back from vacation on Saturday morning and my husband asked me to print a couple of items for him. Went to the web site and turned the printer on and hit print as I always done. The printer flashed an error message telling me to unplug the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
9/21/2017
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 9 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

the error code you mentioned is indeed a service error due to a possible fault with the printhead mechanism

its also true that repairs can cost almost same as a new printer

however there is an intermediate step that is worth a try and has removed the error in many cases

turn off printer and unplug power cord....Keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs
wait for 2 mins
plug in power cord and turn on printer and check

if still error repeats then you may let the unit stay off for few hours and check if error goes off or not

however if that too does not work, then unfortunately the unit needs to be repaired.

my suggestion would be to check the repair cost at any local repair store though a new printer would be a better investment

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the answer provided by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page. In case the problem still persist or you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you