Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My file disappears in print window for epson stylus pro

Customer Question
Hi, my file disappears...

Hi, my file disappears in print window for epson stylus pro 11880

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6-7 yrs

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Osx version 10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have an epson roll i didnt remeber what type it was and i was doing test prints to match the profile

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/21/2017
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 10 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

what do you mean the file disapears?

what exactly do you do and what do you expect the computer to do and what happens instead, please.

there should be a warning on the printer if the maintenance tank was the issue

this sounds more like a failure to communicate with the printer. ( though that should also give you a warning it would be on the printer and apples can sometimes lose those especially if it has the wrong driver)

how is the printer hooked up?

is it wifi or usb or what ?

ps will it print from other programs or a test page ?