Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson XP434, when i try to print it marks

Customer Question
Hi I have an...

Hi I have an Epson XP434

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

When i try to print it marks omunication error

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working fine. I don't know if one of my kids picked the settings on the printer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think it most be a minor problem. i just dont know what can it be

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 11 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the first solution below:

1. Make sure printer is powered on.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the upper left corner of your computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)
  4. There, click on your Epson printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Epson printer showing there for now.
  5. If the printer is wired, make sure the USB printer cable is securely connected to both printer and computer.
  6. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your Epson printer.
    - Does it detect your Epson printer?
  7. If yes, click on your printer, then then click on Add.
  8. Then see if you can print now.

- Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

- Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.