Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's not printing! I've checked the AC Plug, the printer -

Customer Question
It's not printing!...

It's not printing! I've checked the AC Plug, the printer - computer plugs, download the latest drivers, etc. and received a message that all was well, but it won't print. The printer is identified as "Fax - Printer 4630 Series. Previously it was id'd as HP 4630 Series Printer, but that option doesn't come up - so what's wrong and how can I get it to print? It is an HP Officejet 4635 printer.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it in April 2014

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's a PC using Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started when I moved from Oregon to California about 2 months ago. Other than unplugging everything, boxing it up, moving from OR to CA, nothing else has happene. I t wlwasys worked just fine in OR.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I just want it to wark

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. When you print something, does it give you the list of printer name(s) at the print dialog window?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

it lists FAX - HP Printer 4630 Series

On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/yazal6c2
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/yazal6c2
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,