Karthik
Karthik, Engineer
Experience:  Senior Engineer at CSS Corp
100229342

Installed new ink color cartridge CL-241 and Black PG-240

Installed new ink color cartridge CL-241 and Black PG-240 for PIXMAMA MG3600 series.. Alarm light flashes and started again but alarm light still flashes. What do I need to do-Fred
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: PIXMA MG3600 series. CL-241 color and PG-240 Black
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Not very knowledgeable on computers. It says Dell. Got it from the company I used to work from. I think OS is Microsoft.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Ink ran out so got the cartridges from Best But yesterday and tried to install it
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
OK will wait

It sounds like you are unable print from the printer after installing a new cartridge and Alarm light flashes on the printer. You don't have to worry about this problem, We will provide you the answer for your question.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. How old is your Canon printer?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Just bought it IN May of this year from Best But.

Okay, May I know whether your computer is also connected to the printer? If so May I know what is the operating the operating system on in the computer? For example: windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I am not sure but I think is is Windows 7 or 8

Do you get any error message on the any of those device like your computer or printer?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I need to make a correction the OS is Vista

That's Okay, Do you get any error message on your computer or printer?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
NO error messages. Printer work find until I ran our of ink.

Can you please look at the alarm light and tell me whether, you are able to see only flashing green or flashing orange on the printer?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
It is flashing orange

The reason why I ask the color status because each lights having unique information, So please look on the flashing lights on the printer and tell me how many times it is flashing? for example it will flash, flash and off or flash, flash, flash and off

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
it flashes 4 times off and flashes 4 times again

I got the route cause of this issue, The main reason behind the flashing alarm light is "The FINE cartridge is not installed properly". You don't have to worry about this. I will be helping you in install the cartridge without any problem.

Now please open the paper output cover. When the head cover opens, push up the ink cartridge lock lever to confirm that the FINE cartridges are installed properly. After that, close the paper output cover.

If you finding difficulties in following the troubleshooting steps please let me know.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
same thing happens. re installed the cartridge and light still flashes and unable to close the cover
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Followed your instructions and also followed the instructions on getting started and same result light sti;; flashes

I understand, give me a moment and I am checking whether the cartridge is compatible with your printer or not.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
It is the same type of cartridge that I removed. same numbers

Yes, I am able to see that with my resource and this CL-241 and PG-240 is compatible for your printer and since this issue is reoccurring, We can trying remove the FINE cartridges, then install them again. in the following procedure and you can click the link below it will shows you how to install correctly. This light contain image of your printer so you can understand how to reinstall.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162759

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
OK it is now printing. Thank You

That's great, Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, Please let me know and It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, Is there anything else I may assist you today?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
No Thank You Very Much.

Please do rate my service, If you are satisfied with my answer. This will improve my service a lot. Thanks for choosing Justanswer, you have a wonderful day.