Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have two identical printers. One works on wireless, the…

Customer Question
We have two identical...

We have two identical printers. One works on wireless, the other with USB cable. We are in Florida and just experience Irma. Not fun!! When electric went off, then on, then off for 6 days. When electric came back on I did what it said to adjust mine with the screen read out. Turn off my husbands printer. Later turned it back on. Problem: both printers - they do not print black ink. I have plenty, and so does he. I've done all the cleaning of everything according to screen read out. What the Heck!! is going on...can you help us?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Canon MX922

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

OS 10, Dell

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The answers go for both sets - we've had printer and computer about a year.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing other than they all have worked fine up to the Hurricane

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 11 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 11 months ago

Alright, so you have 2 canon mx922 one is connected through USB whereas the other is through Wi-Fi.

Since the devices have experienced power outage, you may face some problems, but not to worry,let us first try to reset both of your printers that will help us most of the times, if that doesn't work we can try doing other troubleshooting steps.

Please follow the following instructions on how to do reset on the printers.

1. Turn off your computer and wait for it to shut down completely. Then, push the power button on the Canon printer off.
  2. Remove the power cord from the back of the printer. After the power cord has been removed, remove the USB or parallel cable that runs from the printer to the computer. Remove the cable from both the printer and the computer.
  3. Plug the USB or parallel cable in to the back of the printer. Make sure the cable is securely seated. Pull on the cable to make sure it is not loose. Connect the other end of the cable to the computer.
  4. Turn the power button on the printer back on. Wait a few minutes for the printer to power up, then turn the computer back on.
  5. Log on to the computer and click on the "Start" button. Choose "Control Panel" from the menu and select "Printers and Faxes." Double-click the Canon printer and click on the "Printer" menu. Select "Properties" from the menu and click the "Print Test Page" button to send a test page to the printer.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 11 months ago

Please write me back if you have any issues,Will be happy to assist you!