Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The paper tray is full - yet the printer says 'out of paper'

Customer Question
The paper tray is...

The paper tray is full - yet the printer says 'out of paper' and will not print?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Brother - MFC 8890DW, purchased in 2003

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 2007

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened yesterday - nothing happened prior - I clicked print and I got the out-of paper message. When I opened the try to install paper - saw that it was full.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 11 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello and welcome.

My name is***** will be assisting you today.

So to clarify have you tried updating the drivers and firmware of the Brother - MFC 8890DW printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No I have not done anything - I am not a techy...

I understand.

Do you want me to remotely connect and do this for you?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

that is fine

I understand.

I am getting the following error for your Premium service:

Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Shall we proceed with me remotely connecting so we can solve the printer problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No CANCEL request!

I am sorry to read this.

Is the problem solved?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No, going to buy a new printer.

I understand.

If you are willing I can try to solve this, free of charge.

But I will need to remotely connect.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No thank you!

Understood.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Kind regards,

Jeff

No

Understood.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jeffrey