Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The problem is with a new Brother 4 in 1 printer that was…

Customer Question
The problem is with...

The problem is with a new Brother 4 in 1 printer that was just delivered from Costc.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It's a printer issue; not a computer issue

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 10 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let us know what issue you are facing with the Printer?

Thanks,

Kumar

I was setting up the new printer and accidentally failed to remove all of the packing material from the drum. When I closed the drawer, the material jammed the slider and I can't remove the drum to remove that packing material. I need some other way to release the drum drawer so that I can fully remove the packing material.
Thanks. Please tell me what to do.

Okay. Let me see..

What is the Model Number of the printer?

Brother MFC-L8610CDW

Okay.. Please give me a moment.

Thanks for your patience. I attached a Pictorial Representation of how to remove the Drum. Can you please have a look and let me know if you need more details.