Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just replaced both cartriges the machine goes through the…

Customer Question
Just replaced both cartriges...

Just replaced both cartriges the machine goes through the process but the paper comes out blank

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson workforce 645 maybe four years old but hardly used.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 10 pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Ran out of ink a few years ago and haven't used it since

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

As I can see, you mentioned you stopped using your printer since a long time. In an ideal case, you should always use your printer else the nozzles would get clogged/dried up. Anyways, can you please let me know if you are receiving any error messages?

Thanks,

Kumar

no error messages, just blank papers.

Let's start with the basic step.

Can you please follow the below steps to reboot the printer

1) Unplug the power adapter from the printer

2) Press and HOLD power button for 60 seconds

3) Plug in the power adapter but do not release HOLD

4) Release Power button hold

5) Turn the printer on and check the issue.

STILL BLANK PAPERS

Okay.. Yes, its how we start the solution approach. How long was the printer idle?

WHAT NOW?

Can you please let me know for how long the printer had be idle?

TODAY OR PREVIOUS? IT'S BEEN IDLE FOR SEVERAL MONTHS.

Can you please give a Print Head Cleaning and a Nozzle check and then try?

Clean Print Head :

Press the setup button on the Printer

Use Arrow Buttons to select Maintenance and Press OK

From the list select Head Cleaning and press OK

You'll see a Screen. Press OK.

Select the cleaning cycle you want to run, then press one of the Start buttons to clean the print

Nozzle Check :

Once head cleaning is done. It should prompt for Finish Cleaning or once the cleaning stops, please select Nozzle check from the same list.

Thanks,

Kumar

STILL JUST A BLANK PAPER

Okay. Please note that you have to run Nozzle check 3-4 times.

Once done, please keep the printer for 1-2 hours.

If it does not resolve, please use the below link. The link explains how we can manually clean the print heads and nozzle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IszUNL7znds

Please do get back to me for any concerns/questions.

Thanks,

Kumar