Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have 15 documents waiting to print on my printer. How do I…

Customer Question
I have 15 documents...

I have 15 documents waiting to print on my printer. How do I clear them?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson XP 400 - approximately 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have 2 computers - a laptop on and an old "work horse" Toshiba laptop that is connected directly to the scanner and then a new Surface that is wireless. Sorry I was absent for a bit - an electrician was here to fix the furnace.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks so much for staying on.... what a morning. Have been using the old laptop that is hooked to the computer for all of my printing and it seems to work. I just can't figure out how to clear all of the documents that are in line to print from sent from the Surface.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Sjena1982, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Sjena1982
Sjena1982, Engineer

Hi ,

Thank for reaching out to us! We appreciate your question and hope we can help you fix this issue.

We suggest you try shutting down the Surface completely and then unplugging the printer from the Surface (assuming your printer is connected directly to the device).

If, on the other hand, your printer is connected to another device, like a laptop or desktop, we recommend you unplug it from the correspondent device after shutting down the Surface, and then plug it back and restart the Surface.

If your printer is wirelessly connected, then, as James Vinyard suggested, the best solution would be uninstalling it and installing it back.

Source : microsoft.com

Thanks

Satchi

The Surface is not plugged into the printer. It is connected wirelessly. I will unplug the other laptop from the printer after I shut down the surface. I don't know how to install and uninstall. I still don't understand how I clear the unprinted documents from the surface. I guess I will have to give it a try and take it to a shop if this doesn't work. Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your help. I am a bit wary of online help. Thanks very much.

Have you tried the steps above ?