Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have plenty of ink but top edge and beginning and ending of…

Customer Question
Have plenty of ink...

Have plenty of ink but top edge and beginning and ending of lines are not printing properly. HP Photosamrt D 110 series. The Printer Status Report says 4829 total pages. Any cleaning that I can do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Photosmar All-In-One, modelD110a, Serial CN05LD801S05N9, product CN731A, purchased 2010 or 2011

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Now used only for stand-alone printing without a computer. It had been on a HP computer but I removed it because of the faulty printing. It performs the same whether or not connected.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Issue for several weeks. Nothing special happened, it just didn't print fully around the edges. Are there "jets" to be cleaned?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

HOW CAN I CORRECT THE PROBLEM?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: ComputerChic, Consultant replied 10 months ago
ComputerChic
ComputerChic, Consultant

Hi there, I'm Amy and I'll do my best to assist you today.

There are some heads that you can clean, I'll walk you through the steps;

1. Open the printer the heads are what the ink cartridges sit in.
  2. The cartridges should slide over to the middle automatically[if they don't then unplug printer and slide them over manually].
  3. Remove cartridges and with Q-tips and alcohol clean each head until there is no more ink coming off of them.
  4. Allow to dry completely before re-inserting your ink cartridges.
  • Just as thought of interest, you may want to double check your printer settings to be sure your print area is sufficient. Sometimes these can change unexpectedly,[not often though but I have had it happen to me in the past].
  • If the settings have borders or the wrong paper size is chosen these are easy to fix. Click the box for no borders or a smaller border & double check your paper size.

I hope this helps your today.

Thanks for choosing JustAnswer, if you need anything else just let me know.

Amy