Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Is there a way for all the sender and destination telephone…

Customer Question
Is there a way...

Is there a way for all the sender and destination telephone numbers to show up in the report journal of my ricoh aficio 171? Right now only about half of them show up.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

I don't know how old the phones are for the incoming faxes.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC....

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This has been a problem since I bought the machine in 2009

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so....

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 12 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

since I purchased the machine in 2009
Am I waiting for a response. I prefer no remote assistance at this time.
Hello?
I am using windows 10

Can you tell me the software please?

I have a Ricoh Aficio MP 171 printer/scanner/fax. I am operating on windows 10. I am able to print reports that show incoming and outgoing faxes. However....the reports only print about half of the telephone numbers that are either sending or receiving my faxes. I would like to see all the phone numbers....is there a setting that can help me with this?

Is it sending or receiving that's missing or a mix of both?

Sorry...I just checked and it's only the incoming faxes that don't always have a telephone number in the sender portion of the report.

That'll be because the caller ID is blocked and the printer doesn't see the ID!

how do I unblock it?

If they're not choosing to show there ID you wont be able to see the number

okay....that answers that...thank you...

Anytime!

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.