Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have epson r2000 printer and all of the sudden it won't…

Customer Question
I have epson r2000...

I have epson r2000 printer and all of the sudden it won't print, the paper and ink light are flashing red and then from my computer it says that there's a general error

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Epson stylus photo r2000 it's around 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac, macOS sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Before that it works just fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That would be it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 11 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

If the ink and paper lights are flashing fast, the front manual feed slot cover is open while printing from paper loaded in the sheet feeder. To print on thick media or a CD/DVD, remove the loaded paper or close the front manual feed slot cover to print on paper loaded in the sheet feeder. Press the paper button to clear the error.

If the power light is on and the paper and ink flashing or flashing alternately, it means an unsupported device is connected to the external USB port. Connect only a PictBridge compatible digital camera to the external USB port.

If the power light is off and paper and ink flashing alternately, parts inside the printer are at the end of their service life or an unknown error has occurred.

If the power light is off and paper and ink flashing fast, the print head is obstructed by paper or other foreign material. Turn off the printer, remove any obstructions, and turn it back on.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>