Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Prints badly, cleaned the nozzle head with utilities.

Customer Question
Prints badly, cleaned the...

Prints badly, cleaned the nozzle head with utilities. Reluctant to manually clean the nozzle head. printer Photo R 1800. Second printer same problem. WF- 7620

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

The 1800 is at least 10 years old . The WF- 7620 is about 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012) OS X 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The 1800 just this morning. The WF- 7620 for several months

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 12 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

On the R 1800 started this morning. on the WF - 7620, several months.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

This doesn't make sense.I unplugged the printer.No power. And then I hold the power button on for 30 seconds?

Yes, it's called a P Memory reset.

Do I plug it back in while holding the power switch?

No not at all.

OK unplug held switch for 30 seconds

Connect back up and your issue should be resolved.