Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is inop due to a code "unable to print 50". Any…

Customer Question
My printer is inop...

My printer is inop due to a code "unable to print 50". Any quick fix?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Meant to add that but pushed the button too quickly. Brother MFC-845CW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Couple of months. Had been working fine and came home from a trip and that code was in the window.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Did that before with no change. Just repeated it and still no change.
No. I'm just going to get another printer.

The Unable to Print 50 is either a piece of paper in the printer or something stuck in the machine or a mechanical failure.

Please open the printer and check for any type of jam

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.