Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson WP4530. It keeps giving me an error message…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an Epson WP4530. It keeps giving me an error message that there is a paper jam, but I have looked carefully after removing the rear tray, the bottom tray, and the front door and I do not see any paper debris

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a WP-4530. I think it is at least five years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac iOS 10.10.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

My wife tried to print on cardstock and the feeder would not accept it. She then went to an inkjet paper and it worked alright. Today it will no longer print

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
The feeder works when I am making copies off the top of the printer. The paper jam menage appears only when I am trying to print a document. Neither the lower tray or the rear tray are working. The copy function draws paper off the bottom tray
9/20/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Just to make sure that I understood your issue correctly, I believe you have an Epson WP4530 and you it gives you an error message as paper jam.

Feeder works when you are making copies of the printer whereas you get the message as "paper jam" whne you try to print a document from you MAC computer which has 10.10.5 version.

Am I right?

John, Computer Science Engineer