Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Its a Stylus NX430 and it will make copies and the nozzle…

Hi there. Its a...

Hi there. Its a Stylus NX430 and it will make copies and the nozzle check is fine, but will not print when hard wired to a computer...

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Its about 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing. Hadnt used the printer in about 6 months. It was working fine before. Did the head cleaning a couple of times and also testedallignment

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. I believe my drivers are up to date too.

9/20/2017
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the followings:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the upper left corner of your computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  2. Click on Printers & Scanners.
  3. There, click on your Epson printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Epson printer showing there for now.
  4. Make sure printer is powered on.
  5. Make sure the USB printer cable is securely connected to both printer and computer.
  6. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your Epson printer.
  7. If yes, click on your Epson printer, then then click on Add.
  8. Then see if you can print now.
    - Is there any error or message?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

I did that. No change. The pages just cycle through the printer without the cartridges moving back and forth. They stay on the right side and do not move. When copying it works fine....

I'm sorry. That is strange. Please try:

1. Go to the Apple logo / menu, then click on on System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears, and confirm reset.
    (Or right-click on the printer, then click on Reset printing system, and confirm.)

- (After resetting the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.)

3. Click on the + (plus) button at the bottom left to add back the Epson printer.

4. Then check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
That didn't work either. I just went directly to the Epson website and manually downloaded the newest driver. Working now. Thanks!

You're welcome. Great. It looks like your computer was updated, and you have not used the printer for 6 months, so the printer's driver needed to be updated also. If you have any other computer question / issue, please let me know any time. Thank you very much.