Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Brother MFC8460N ran out of toner but now will not print…

Customer Question
My Brother MFC8460N ran...

My Brother MFC8460N ran out of toner but now will not print although I have replaced both the toner cartridge and drum unit.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10 years old. Its a MFC8460N

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Macbook Air. No idea what it is running. The machine won't make a photocopy either. I don't think this is computer related.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I got a message a couple of days ago to say "end of toner cartridge" or similar. It would not print further pages. I ordered some Brother-compatible toner cartridges from a reliable source. Installation in the drum unit was slightly awkward. Putting the unit back in the machine was difficult. Today I also installed a new drum unit.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Are any errors displayed by the printer?

Does the printer still power up?