Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I installed new cartridge, closed printer, ten minutes it's…

Customer Question
I installed new cartridge...

I installed new cartridge, closed printer, ten minutes it's still spinning "Checking the printer. Please wait" What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

HP Office Jet Pro 6978. HP 902 Mag

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac os 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

New printer; only changed black cartridge before, had no trouble.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Wrapper was hard to get off, initial orange strip broke a couple of times

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Technician