Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer is determining the size of the paper I wish to…

Customer Question
The printer is determining...

The printer is determining the size of the paper I wish to photocopy a document to. I have loaded the paper carrier tray with standard 81/2 x 11 paper for photo copying and the printer insists I have loaded 4'' x 6'' sizedpaper and I cannot change it to the standard paper size.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Canon Inkjet Pixma printer about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an elderly PC computer but I do not see the relationship of this to photocopying a document. T o PRINT an image is one thing but to photocopy a 'fax cover sheet' is another and I have loaded the printer with standard paper and simply requested a 'cop' of the document.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have only tried to photocopy my Fax Cover sheet this evening and I have not used the printer for several days since I used it to print certain images from my image 'bank'. but the photo paper I used for that was fitted between the 'blue' paper guides as is the standard paper in the printer on which to copy my Fax Cover sheet

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris