Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When it prints or copy a blank sheet comes out and the

Customer Question
When it prints or...

When it prints or copy a blank sheet comes out and the prompt says paper out replace paper. I have done this twice with no change.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is an XP-410. about 4 or 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Not sure how to find os without losing you. it is an apple pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Printer was working fine. came in one day to print something from the computer and this is what I got. I have unplugged it but this keeps happening

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Help

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 1 year ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you, ***** ***** did not work.

It seems that the issue is with the printhead of the printer. Please try cleaning the printhead two or three times, by following the instructions in the link below.

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp410_/xp410_ug/Source/Printers/Source/Ink_Functions/Tasks/XP410/cleaning_head_lcd_xp410.html

Thank you.