Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a blue symbol on the print copy with an "i" in it.

I have a blue...

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

XP300

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc OS,I don't know. Windows 7? or scanning for copies? boyh

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A couple of days. we replaced the black and yellow cartridges. they seem to be fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so . I can't think of anything else that could be relevant. we are novices when it comes to solving problems on these machines

9/19/2017
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Can you scan that blue symbol and attach a copy of the scan to your Reply? that would help me rapidly appreciate what is going on.

Also, are you printing from some special software program, or from MS Word, or something else in the way of a program on your PC?

Also: is it a wireless printer, or a USB-cable-connected printer?

Let me know, and I will help you further.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
I don't know how to scan and send. it is wireless. the symbol looks like a speech bubble in a cartoon, it's blue and it has a small "i" in it.

I may be able to tell what it is, by connecting to your computer - with your permission - and seeing what I can gather from several functions on it relating to printing. To start your side of the remote control session allowing that, please click on this link:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a087c6d7-ea20-4092-8465-5bb33f7d1ad2

and download and run the remote control ("Elsinore") app. I will open a Notepad on the PC when I am connected, to permit us to 'Chat' as needed.

Connected to customer's computer, concluded that blue 'i' was an Epson symbol perhaps related to running out of Cyan color ink; customer left to decide whether 5 year old printer should be replaced, or Cyan ink tried in it first (Cyan was low.) Thank you.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech