Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Macbook pro and just bought a HP 4650 All in One…

Customer Question
I have a Macbook...

I have a Macbook pro and just bought a HP 4650 All in One Series printer and the Disk to load the printer will not function on my computer I am working with OS X El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Office Jet 4650

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just started to load the disk that came with the printer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Will it work with my Mac Book Pro with OS X El Capitan?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

Instead of using the possibly outdated drivers on the disk, use the updated drivers, which can be downloaded from the following page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930/model/5447931

Once you download the drivers from the page above, open the file that downloads, and install it. After you do that, you will be all set.

Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page.

Thank you,

Jason

-