Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My envy4520 has decided not to print. Ink levels are good.

My envy4520 has decided not...
My envy4520 has decided not to print. Ink levels are good. Mechanisms seem to move as they should but when the copy starts the paper comes out with nothing on it. the scan works fine. It is just making copies that is the problem.
9/19/2017
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Wifi is how I connect. I don't know what you are talking about regarding Xerox.

It is just taking a copy without using the computer. Place a photo or anything on the scanner glass, and press Copy. It will print the copy of the photo that you have placed on the scanner glass.

Please try that and let me know the result.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I tried making a copy and a blank sheet of paper came out - just like it has been doing for three days now.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
I did as you suggested but it still did not copy.

HI,

The issue seems with the printhead. How old the printer is?

Meanwhile, try following the instructions in the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/model/5447921/document/c04710072

Thank you!

Customer/p>
It is only a couple of years old and gets very light usage.

Please try the instructions from the link I have given and let me know the result.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I keep trying to get back in touch but can't seem to succeed. Nothing in the instruction program worked for me. The problem is still the same - ink is fine but the copier is not copying.

It seems that the issue is with the print head. Do you see any of the cartridge is empty?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Neither cartridge is empty

Have you left the printer for more time (like more than two months), without printing anything?

Have you recently changed any cartridges?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
No. We use the printer at least several times a week - printing off the computer or just making copies. The cartridges were changed a couple of months ago but when checking the printer for ink levels it indicates that the ink level is fine. We bought the printer in 2015 and, of course, I have changed cartridges several times with no problem. Nothing different occurred before the printer decided not to make copies.

Please turn off the printer and unplug all its cables including power and USB. Then, press and hold the printer power button for a minute. Then, release the power button, wait for two minutes.

After two minutes, plugin the cables and restart the printer. Try copying anything.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I did exactly like you said and again nothing was printed. I did receive a message "wait till the printer finishes before you push in the outbox tray extender". I never touched it so I tried three more times and the same message came up.

1. With the printer ON, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Unplug the cord from the wall outlet.

3. Wait at least 60 seconds.

4. Plug the cord to wall outlet. And then reconnect the cord to printer.

5. Turn On the printer. The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer light might flash and the cartridge might move.

6. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

7. Once the power reset is finished, try printing a report by using the printer's control panel.

a. Load letter or A4 unused plain white paper into the paper tray.

b. From the printer control panel, touch Tools.

c. Touch Print Quality Report.

Let me know the result.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I did as instructed but did not find "tools" on the control panel.

Please touch the Setup/Settings icon, so that you will get the Tools option.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Okay. Nothing printed and got the same message about the output tray.

I would suggest you get the printer repaired. Unfortunately, except for business-grade workgroup printers, few modern printers are repairable, and fewer are worth repairing. Most printers are now manufactured to a "replace not repair" standard. To understand why this is the case, consider the cold, hard, real-world cost of repairing a printer.

I would suggest you check the cost for repairing with a local technician, and if it is worthy, please get it repaired. You may need to replace the printhead.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Thank you for being honest. I have one more question. I just checked my credit card. I have a $5 and then a $35 charge which is what I had agreed to pay for help. But there is also a $39 charge - what is that for?

US $39 for the secure remote offer you have requested. Since you have not received the offer, that will get refunded automatically. You will get it refunded within three days.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Thank you,Customer you have been great.

You are most welcome!

Thank you.

Customer/p>