Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Envy 5640/5660 e-All In One Series printer that…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP Envy 5640/5660 e-All In One Series printer that keeps dropping the connection to my HP Envy laptop. The lap top detects the printer but when I go to print I get the message printer not found

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

HP Envy x360m6 convertible

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Its been an on going problem. the connection works for a while an then drops. My wi fi works fine for both iPhone and laptop but the connection for the printer drops. ive gone to settings and tried to refresh the printer and this has worked with some effort in the past. now nothing seems to work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

How long does it take for the printer to drop the connection?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

right now I cant reconnect it but it seems to drop after each time I print

Thank you for the update.

How old is the printer?

6 months

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

No I would prefer to cancel this discussion and cancel my credit card deposit
How do I cancel this?

I will write up your refund request and send it in.

Good day.