Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I use the Canon G4000 series printer. When not in use, the…

Customer Question
I use the Canon...

I use the Canon G4000 series printer. When not in use, the printer automatically switch off and then I struggle to get it to work again. I have to restart my computer and the printer to re-establish the internet connection.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model G4400, and bought earlier this year

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac and Pc. The printer is link to the Mac and share it the network to my husband's pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Happend from the start.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's all thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
How long does it take for the G4000 to switch off, after you stop using it?

I am looking up this issue and will get back to you - if you can tell me the interval, roughly, before it switches Off automatically.

Go to the Printing Preferences window - this is gotten to by way of the

View Devices and Printers

window in Control Panel (if you have a Windows computer), or else by choosing Print and then clicking on Printer Preferences or similar button, perhaps.

Then, you need to go to the Auto Power options.

You evidently have Auto Power Off enabled, in those options. You need to Disable the Auto Power Off function, for the printer to remain On permanently (until switched Off with the power switch or button or by pulling the power cord out too perhaps.)

Then when you have changed the settings in Preferences for the printer, you need to click on OK until the changed setting is saved, and the Preferences window has closed.

If you need help with this, let me know, and I will advise you further.

(- If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee. I will help you further as and if needed.)

Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond and I will help and advise you as needed, further to a solution.)