Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Had a paper jam. Removed jam but now printer start button…

Customer Question
Had a paper jam...

Had a paper jam. Removed jam but now printer start button does not work

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Photosmart 7525 probably 5 years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Toshiba PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

As stated. Had paper jam. Removed paper and immediately after /on/off button not working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What currently shows on the printer's display, please?

And, try unplugging the printer from the power, then leaving it that way for 2 to 10 minutes or longer, then plugging it in to power again (and turning it Off if necessary.)

Does that help? if not I will have further advice to offer.