Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Pearl, my wife's 3640 printer has suddenly stopped printing,

Customer Question
Pearl, my wife's 3640...

Pearl, my wife's 3640 printer has suddenly stopped printing, although there is adequate ink in all 4 cartridges. When we press either the color or b&w buttons, we get a "this operation is invalid" message. And when she tries to print from her Apple laptop - which she's been doing successfully from the beginning - the printer now doesn't respond, and the message is that are there no print jobs in the queue. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

I have to go downstairs for the answer. Be back in a few minutes. It's a WF-3640 and the cartridges are Epson. Btw, when you life the scanner lid, the cartridges do not slide to the center for removal. Can this be part of the problem?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple laptop. Don't know the operating system.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing I can think of, other than we upgraded our wireless router (the printer is connected wirelessly). It's been a problem for about a week, roughly the same time since the router was replaced.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please