Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I changed from WOW to AT&T. The Brothers MFC 9340 CDW is…

Customer Question
I changed from WOW...

I changed from WOW to AT&T. The Brothers MFC 9340 CDW is offline.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brothers 9340 CDW about 18 months old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PD desk top. Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The AT&T vendor came yesterday. The printer went offline when he installed the internet but did not test the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is all for the printer.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is the printer connected to new WiFi network ?

You need to connect the printer to new WiFi network and then add it back to your PC.

On the Printer, press Settings. Use the arrow buttons choose Network, choose WLAN > Setup Wizard and enable WLAN if asked. Then it will find your WiFi network. Select your new WiFi network and enter your WiFi password (the password ***** by your internet provider - you may see this password ***** the bottom or back of the router/modem). Then follow the onscreen instructions to connect it to your WiFi network. Once you are connected to your WiFi network, you need to add it back to your PC

To do that, Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. This will bring Printers and Devices. Right click on your printer name and click Remove Device.

Then click Add Printer and add it back. If you are unable to add it back, then go to this website ---> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc9340cdw_all&os=10013

Download and install the "Full Driver & Software Package"

Make sure you open the downloaded file and install it. This will allow you to reinstall it with new network address.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.