Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm getting a spool area full message when trying to print…

Customer Question
I'm getting a spool...

I'm getting a spool area full message when trying to print from a mac (operating system 10.6.8) to a HP Office jet pro 8620. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

Macbook pro / 10.6.8V1.1

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Macbook?

10.6.8

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Macbook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's a few years ago. I've turned off the printer at the mains and re-started it. I've replaced a print ink cartridge (which removed a previous error message re using non-HP cartridges

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 12 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Go to Apple menu, select System Preferences, click on Print & Fax

Click on the printer on the left hand side and highlight it then press the - (minus sign) to delete it

Now, click on the + sign to add it back and it should work now.

Please let me know if that fixes your issue

Hi Josh
This hasn't worked. I'm still getting the spool area full message and also the HP printer screen shows a message that 2 cartridges appear to be damaged...

The HP screen is concerning regarding the 2 cartridges are damaged.

Please remove all of the ink cartridges then insert them back firmly into the carriage and close the lid.

Do you still have that error?