Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My Canon MG6320 is giving me Support Code 6000, telling me…

My Canon MG6320 is...

My Canon MG6320 is giving me Support Code 6000, telling me to cancel docs, turn off printer, disconnect from power, and restart. I have now done that several times. No change. I do not seem to have my Manual to look for further instructions. I am 72 years old and fairly proficient with laptop, iPad and iPhone. Use this printer a lot and love it. What's next?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Screen said "Support Code 6000"

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Printer Says MG6320 Serial # ACRJ45738

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This started a couple of days ago. At first following those instructions and closing down laptop and printer, it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Sorry my message to you was sent before I completed it. So it would start again. now it will not

9/19/2017
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That number indicates a service error i.e a "Line Feed Error" which can be cause by many things. Usually this is caused by paper got jammed in the feed rollers, or debris or something is in the paper path like a paperclip or something that prevents the moving of roller. In some cases, this is also occurred by hardware issues which requires a replacement of the internal mainboard or roller or some other gears or components. This also happens if the gears inside the printer got out of sync which is common with printers.

Now let's try to clean it, this might not work but it is worth a try.

Open the cover of printer and see if the cartridge is moving itself. If so and when it placed in the middle, remove the cartridge and put it back

Then look for paper jam, tiny bits of papers, debris etc inside the printer and remove them if any. You can pull out paper pieces if they are jammed inside the printer.

After that turn off the printer for 5 minutes and also unplug it. This will reset the firmware which rule out software issues if any.

If it still not working, then I'm sorry. You have to send it back to Canon. I'm really sorry, this is something that we can't fix online if the above steps doesn't work for you. If the printer is more than 2/3 years old, then it is not worth to replace the components. You should get a new printer because it has more life for the components and you will get a fresh warranty where repairing doesn't give that.

I know this might not the answer you want to hear, but these kind of errors occurs due to hardware problems. If you are not satisfied, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied,

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I did find some jammed paper where I had not looked before. Printer is working now, but I will take your longer term advice and take a look at new models. Thank you. ***** got some message about being charged another $28 in addition to the $5 I paid. I do not want an ongoing service. Just this one-time help. Someone must explain to me why I am being charged this additional $28 or I will deny it on my VISA.

Sorry, I don't have access to your account information to check the payment details myself. I'm only a tech in here with no access to your financial info.

To know about the pricing or refund of unauthorized charges, please email or contact the customer support at***@******.*** and they will refund or help you with that matter. Remember, it may take up to 3 days to process the refund.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Technician
Ashik, Technician