Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have moved to a new state and I can not get my printer to…

Customer Question
I have moved to...

I have moved to a new state and I can not get my printer to print

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson workforce 545. 5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since I hocked it up a few days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It will copy, but I was trying to copy my bank statements.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

How are you connecting the printer to the computer? Via USB or wireless?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wireless

Thanks

Put the disk from the printer into the computer, run the installation as part of this allows you to connect it to the new wireless network you have.

Once the installation is complete then try to print to it.

Please let me know the results.

My printer is still not working. I put the disc in and nothing happened.
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 12 months ago

ok, so you were not able to run the installation?

ok, and what exactly happened?

I saw from you

"My printer is still not working. I put the disc in and nothing happened."

But I require more detail then this please

I can not get anything to print when I send it from my computer

yes I saw that... I am asking when I told you to

you replied, nothing happened... I need more information than that please

That would be fine

What would be fine?

For you to connect to my computer

Your payment failed for that

What do I need to do for you to connect to the divice?

I put the disc in and nothing has happened. When I clicked on setup a thing came up asking if I wanted it to chang anything on my computer and I said No.

you need to say yes and perform the installation

Ok I'll try that

thanks

I am not getting your answers on my screen where I can read them.
I did what you said and it is still not printing. I guess I'll call the Geek Squad.

what exactly happened when you did the installation? Which step did you get stuck on?