Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot get the print option to display on my HL-L2380DW…

Customer Question
I cannot get the...

I cannot get the print option to display on my HL-L2380DW printer. I see web, copy, and scan but no print. The error message on my mobile says spool error

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

HL-L2380DW 3yrs?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Actually from a mobile phone- Samsung. I have printed many other times with the Brother print app.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

First time that I have printed in a few weeks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I recently had a software update from samsung for the phone.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
Are you trying to print from the Samsung mobile phone to the Brother printer?

You need to install Brothe iPrint&Scan app into your Android Smartphone to print or scan with your Brother printer.

Click here and download Brother iPrint&Scan on your mobile phone.

Using the brother app on my samsung phone I have sucessfully printed documents in the past. One of the error messages displayed was....printer not available. The turned the printer on, but the printer option was not displayed on the printer. I rebooted the printer but the display did not change. Is my Iprint app out of date?

try to uninstall Printer app from the phone and restart it after that download the print app from the link i have given already.