Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer ink absorber is full. cannot print. MFC-j615w, PC…

Customer Question
Printer ink absorber is...

Printer ink absorber is full. cannot print.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer?

MFC-j615w

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing, It was self cleaning and printing fine.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Your printer has a waste ink absorber which takes in waste ink during the printing and some other operations like print head cleaning or nozzle cleaning. The printer will keep the amount of ink that the absorber has absorbed in its life time.

After the continues use of printer, the printer will enter an condition when the ink absorber is almost full or completely full. In this situation, the printer itself will prevent or warn you from printing to protect itself from further problems like overflowing, bad prints etc. That is why it is showing that error.

Replacing or cleaning the printer absorber is a messy and time consuming process. Sometimes cleaning will not do anything and you may need to replace the absorber. Usually it is done by the manufacturer and this is something that the consumer shouldn't do.

If you are comfortable doing it, then please let me the know I will find and send you instructions if any available. Usually the manufacturer doesn't provide the cleaning process for this thing, but I will find if anything is available.

Meantime, you can try to reset the absorber counter, so you can continue printing. Refer this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQRciOJOJC0

Another thing is, if the printer is more than 4 years old, then it probably not wise to invest more in this printer as it is probably at almost the end of life its head and other components which would cost a price of new printer. You can get new generation printers with fresh warranty for less than $100

So unless you have lot of inks purchased for this model there, you may consider using this printer until it quit itself and then get a new one which may last for another few years.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.