Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's not recognized by my iMac or by my replacement

Customer Question
It's not recognized by...

It's not recognized by my iMac or by my replacement CenturyLink modem. They say talk with you. I think I should talk with Directv, because they saddled me with a hybrid ethernet/wireless set of connections, and none of their troubleshooting aids address that. (Rather, their solutions are binary: Either wired, or wireless, but not both. Can you help? Thanks. Doug Holmes

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

HP/... LaserJet 1320 (style). Unsure of age, maybe over 10 yrs. I can hunt for identifying info if you wish.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac. macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Almost a month. my 4 yr old centurylong modem failed totally. they sent me a new one. my iMac worked. my wife said her iPad worked. my earphones did not work (attached to the receiver). the HP printer did not work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. but thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Sorry it is not clear but can you tell me the make and model of the device that is having the issue?